The reading of the assignment started last night. I like to read assignment questions before I go to bed because if I keep thinking about the questions I eventually bring them into my dreams and solve a portion of them. Apparently that did not work quite well this time. I rather had a nightmare and woke up with a bad mood. I reread the questions and the understanding was not quite as hard.
The first question was about a ternary tree. Throughout my life, I never dealt with ternary tree. Ternary tree refers to a tree which one parent node may have up to three children. Since I had a knowledge about binary tree, understanding this concept was quite easy. This question was quite difficult because I tried to approach in a way that I learned in the csc236 lecture. It did not work out. At this point, I realized that even though two questions look similar approaching to their proof might be different. I made some scratch notes and figured out that using inequalities and some definitions, the problem could be solved. From this question, I learned that a shortcut (e.g. two problems that look similar could be solved in a same way) does not work sometimes when it comes to proving. Next time, I will try to approach different ways before I take the shortcut.
I will do one question per day, so tomorrow I will be doing question number two.
No comments:
Post a Comment